Tuesday 14 October 2008

second post

Is it meant to be autumn now? It didn't feel like autumn at the weekend. But then summer didn't feel like summer. The weather was perfect. Good enough for me to get shots as good as this:

IMG_2285E

I spent sunday afternoon wandering round some Brighton Photo Fringe Exhibitions ( http://www.photofringe.org/ ) (I'll learn how to do the HTML stuff soon, promise), with a friend who's also into their visual art. I don't know if it was the company, the inspiration from seeing the other photos, the light, or just sheer luck, but whatever it was, it worked.

The photo hasn't had that much post-processing either. It was shot directly into the sun (which you're not meant to. tut tut), which made it overexposed and gave the perfect white background. Then all I did was ramp up the contrast and bring down the brightness.

I've taken one of the set into http://www.thevaultimaging.co.uk/ to get printed up to hang on one of my walls somewhere. I've resolved to start getting a print made up every month, so that I've got a bit more to show for my work than just some ones and zeros on a hard drive.

No comments: