Monday 12 January 2009

Before and After, part III (after)

So, I played squash yesterday morning, finally, after rearranging from last week.

First off, I lost. There. I said it. I wasn't completely rubbish, but I was let down by my return of serve. But I haven't played for years, and when you start to learn how your opponent plays, that's not so much of a problem. So I'm not disheartened at all, and I'll definitely be playing again soon. Got to keep the momentum up and not let it be another seven or so years.

And as for how my body's faring now? Not nearly as bad as I thought, actually. My legs feel like they've had a workout, but they don't ache. I've got Brighton's hills to the fact that they're not flaking on me. My lower back aches a bit, as does my right shoulder, but nothing too bad.

Overall, a modest success. I could have done with winning at least one game, but you can't have everything. Bring on the next match!

No comments: